News: Let's stay in touch!
If you would like to stay up-to-date about campinglife during the season or in winter, we invite you to visit this newspage on a regular basis.
News from the region, a bit of history, some thoughts on the surroundings.
What's close to our hearts: to always share the heritage and the traditions of the Cevennes with the same enthusiasm.
In 2018 we have started two partnerships:
- With "Natura 2000 Vallée du Gardon de Mialet": Goal is to survey the biodiversity on the camping grounds and to try to enhance it. Every 5 years the survey is repeated.
- With the"SMAGE des Gardons": Checking the quality of the water, working on the trees and bushes on the camping. Surveying all practices that could use enhancement.
Here you will find some measure we've already taken in favour of the environment and for sustainable development:
Environmental politics: information and awareness
Guests and employees are made aware to use energy and water sparsely. Twice every summer, a representative of the section "Cleanliness and waste separation" of the Alès municipality hosts an information night at the camping.
Energy management: we're are carefully watching our use of energy and water, in order to save it the best we can.
Water management - resource protection
- To save water, we use spring- and rain water for watering the green areas. Our drip irrigation system is only active in the mornings and just after sundown. This system is placed under de pozzolan earth to keep the water from dampening too much and to guarantee a longer period of moistness.
- The showers in the sanitary facilities are on a high level to get the same results with less water.
- The faucets in the sanitary facilities are equipped with a timer and a "Stop" button is attached to the showers.
- Buy a floor cleaner. It's more efficient with water than cleaning by hand.
- We have bought 4 new washing machines that only use 36 litres of water per cycle instead of 120.
- Water meters are situated in all sectors to spot leakage.
- Use of energy-saving light bulbs.
- Lights in sanitary facilities and waste deposit section operated by movement sensors.
Stimulate ecological awareness in our guests - nature activities
- Information material about the landscape, animals and plants can be found at the reception desk.
- With our partner "Sentiers Vagabonds" we offer numerous activities with the theme 'Nature around us'.
- Waste separation: we have been separating waste for many years now in containers for glass, plastic, paper, but also batteries, large waste and dry bread for the animals.
- Leftover food, mowed grass and plant residu is turned into fertilizer to maintain the green areas.
- Maintenance of grease collection dishes.
Waste prevention - Reduce of paper usage
- Doublesided printing on concept paper: used for instance for guest documents (Booking forms, arrival forms, bill forms). Over a year, nearly 5100 leaves op paper can be re-used in this way, saving almost 10 packets of paper!
- In 2018 we offer our guests the option of electronic billing.
- We prefer electronic correspondence so we only have to send paper brochures when it's absolutely necessary.
- In 2018 we ask all guests to return brochures and other documents at the end of their stay, so we can redistribute them.
Responsible purchases: Camping store
- A shop on the camping saves you the trouble of taking your car.
- Every family receives a re-usable bag, so disposable bags are unneccesary.
- In the store we sell numerous local and biological products: wine, honey, marmalade, vegetables, fresh milk, pâté and meat…
Quality of life, green areas and the outdoors
- We don't use any chemical pesticide (insecticide, herbicide) nor chemical fertilizer.
- We plant local plants that are fit for a warm climate, so they don't need a lot of water.
- A big herb garden is at your disposal.
- All barriers are built with wood from the property.
- 65% of the camping site consists of green and/or natural areas!
- No distracting mobile homes on the camping, just 16 chalets blending in the natural surroundings.
- The number of families per acre (16,1) is far less than on other campings.
- All buildings pay respectto the local Cévennes architecture.
- The 15 acres of campinggrounds are part of a 30 acre property
- All personnel moves around by bike or silent electric vehicle: a Kangoo ZE, 3 electric cars and one e-bike.
- All guests can recharge their electric vehicles at the camping's recharge location.
No swimming pool, natural bathing in the river
Our camping is one of the rare locations in the vicinity with no need for a swimming pool. This particularity is a plus. To us and our environment-conscious guests a swimming pool is ecologically not acceptable. (water waste, use of chemicals…) Also, a swimming pool is often a source of noise- and horizon pollution. Bathing in a natural source allows more people to enjoy the water, beach and games.