News: Let's stay in touch!
If you would like to stay up-to-date about campinglife during the season or in winter, we invite you to visit this newspage on a regular basis.
News from the region, a bit of history, some thoughts on the surroundings.
What's close to our hearts: to always share the heritage and the traditions of the Cevennes with the same enthusiasm.
The medieval signal tower overlooking the campsite provides a panoramic view of the Cévennes mountain range!
Your children just need to pick up a stick to become noble knights: this is the perfect place to let their imaginations run wild. Legend has it that a knight was buried here with his golden amour!
The tower was built by the Saracens in the 11th century and was used to send messages using smoke signals.
Nowadays, you can stroll along the campsite footpaths and if you climb the tower, which sits on top of one of the site’s two hills, you get a wonderful view of Anduze, the gateway to the Cévennes.
Fun fact: a signal tower wedding
A Danish couple got married in this tower! They were on holiday in the Cévennes with a friend who happened to be a consul, so they decided to tie the knot.
To spend your holidays in complete serenity face to Covid-19, all the team from "Cévennes-Provence" implements an adapted health protocol: sanitary facilities, reception, grocery store and restaurant... all places meet the requirements!
Meeting with Gilles, who supervises the cleaning of the sanitary facilities on the campsite.
"- What has been put in place from the beginning for the cleaning of sanitary facilities?
- The cleanliness of the toilets is essential in a campsite, even before the virus! The toilets are washed twice a day, we use specific virucides and have bought a new machine (water saving)."
"- So, sanitary facilities are a safe place?
- Yes! The sanitary blocks are ventilated places, disinfected several times a day. As in all the other common areas of the campsite, dispensers of hydroalcoholic gels are available. We check during each disinfection that these dispensers are full. Nine sanitary facilities are spread over the campsite, so campers always have access to a clean place nearby!"
Now let's find out how the reception and the grocery store work with Karine.
"- The reception and the grocery store are a common area, how can we get around easily?
- We tested a sense of movement in 2020: just follow the arrows on the ground to find your way! We also pay attention to the number of people inside. For example, we bring people in one by one in the morning to come and get the bread. The traffic is fluid and the distances respected."
"- Isn't this whole protocol too restrictive?
- We're making sure it isn't! We are fortunate to work in a 30 acres property, in the open air! Campers come here to enjoy their holiday in a quiet space close to nature. We take care of every space - indoor and outdoor - so that they meet the expectations of holidaymakers."
Keep your spirits up! Deposit-free booking!
The current situation has taught us to take one day at a time, but we all need to think a little further ahead, especially when it comes to holidays!
Whether it’s children playing in the water or swimming in the swirling river of the Gardon Gorge, a yoga session with Céline or a massage with Peggy, hiking in Corbès or visiting the bamboo park... It’s time to focus on fun and treat yourself: come back for another holiday in sunny Cévennes!
We have received support from the Occitanie region, the BPI public investment bank and the government, and we want you to reap the benefits.
From 5th July to 23rd August 2021:
- Cancellations can be made up to 15 days before your arrival date (no fees or supporting documents required)
- 40% deposit to be paid 15 days before your arrival date
From 20th March to 5th July 2021 or from 23rd August to 1st October 2021:
- Free cancellation
- €0 deposit, you only pay at the end of your stay!
Last season provided us with experience of all the necessary health and safety measures, so you can enjoy a stress-free holiday.
New for 2021: Théo is now running our bar and restaurant! After taking a series of cooking courses, Théo can create delicious recipes and has put together a menu that features homemade dishes made with fresh, local ingredients.
The whole team at the Cévennes Provence camp site is looking forward to welcoming you for a well-deserved, relaxing holiday in the great outdoors.